Odisha TET 2017
The Government of Odisha conducts the Odisha Teachers Eligibility Test (OTET) every year as per the rules and regulations laid down by the central regulatory authority. The candidates appearing in the Orissa TET will be selected to teach the students of Class I to Class VIII. It is mandatory that the B.Ed qualified aspirants appear in this exam to get selected for the primary and upper primary teaching job.
Exam Name: Odisha Teachers Eligibility Test
Commonly known as: Orissa TET or Odisha TET or OTET
Exam Category: PG Entrance exam
Exam Level: State Level
About Odisha TET
Education is important for all round development and a teacher has the ability to pull out the best in every child. If the teacher is selected through proper channel, then the student will be benefitted from the teacher’s knowledge of the subject matter.
Eligibility Criteria of OTET 2017
The candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria first to apply for the Orissa TET:
• The candidates with a minimum of 45% marks in their Senior secondary along with 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education can apply for the exam
• Or, the candidates who have cleared the Higher Secondary exam with 50% marks along with 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)
• Or, the candidates can be a higher secondary pass out with a minimum of 50% marks along with 2 year Diploma in Education (Special Education)
• The candidates with a minimum of 50% marks in their Higher Secondary exam and also possess a 4 year degree in B.A. / B.Sc. Ed. or B.A. or B.A.Ed or B.Sc. Ed can apply for the upper primary
• The candidates with a degree in B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com and a minimum of 50% marks and a B.Ed degree can also apply
• 5% relaxation is provided to the candidates of reserved category
Application Process in OTET 2017
The applicants must remember the following points while applying for the Orissa TET:
• The candidates will have to visit the official website at www.bseodisha.nic.in
• There they will get the link for completing their registration process
• The candidates will have to update their father’s name, their name, gender, valid email address and mobile number along with some other basic information
• Once the registration is complete, the candidates will receive the login details
• With the username and password, they will have to login again and fill up the application process with all the relevant details
• The recent passport size photograph and signature is required while filling up the application form, so the candidates are requested to keep a scanned copy of the photograph and signature handy
• Once the application form is duly filled, click on the challan link and take a printout of the same
• The candidates need to deposit their application fee in any SBI branch
• When the payment is done, the candidates will have to update the transaction details like the deposit amount, transaction id, deposit date, etc.
• Click on Save and then submit the application form
• A confirmation page will be generated that the candidates need to download and submit to the District Education Officer
Application Fee of OTET 2017
The general candidates will have to pay Rs. 500 for Paper I and in case they are applying for both the papers, then they will have to pay Rs. 800. For SC/ ST candidates, the payment is Rs. 250 for Paper I and for both the papers, the payment is Rs 400.
Age Limit of OTET 2017
The candidates who are willing to appear for the Orissa TET must attain a minimum of 21 years of age as of the examination year.
Exam Pattern of OTET 2017
Odisha TET exam pattern and syllabus are mentioned below:
|I||Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|II||Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Maths or Science (For Maths and Science Teachers)||60||60|
|Social Science (For Social Science Teacher)||60||60|
|For other teacher – either Maths/ Science or Social Science|
Admit Card of OTET 2017
The candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website 15 days prior to the commencement of the exam. They will have to click on the link for the admit card and enter the registration number. The candidates must carry the e-admit card along with them to the examination hall.
Results of OTET 2017
The candidates can check their results on the official website by clicking on the Results link and then entering their roll number.
Important Dates in OTET 2017
The candidates who are willing to apply for the Orissa TET successfully must keep the below mentioned dates in mind always:
• The online application will start from the month of July 2017
• The candidates will be able to submit their duly filled application form till the middle of August 2017
• Hall ticket is available to download from 1st week of September 2017
• The Odisha TET will be held in the 3rd week of September 2017
• Results will be announced by 2nd week of October 2017
• Counselling process will start by last week of October 2017
Board of Secondary Education, Odisha,
Ph No: 2415460, 2415428, 2415429, 2415439