Odisha DET 2018
Directorate of Technical Education & Training conducts the Odisha Diploma Entrance Test and it is administered by Department of Employment and Technical Education & Training, Govt of Odisha. There are several polytechnics all across the state and in order to get admission in one of these; the candidates need to appear in the written exam first. Depending on their rank, they will be called for the counselling.
Exam Name: Odisha Diploma Entrance Test
Commonly called as: Odisha DET
Exam Type: UG Entrance Exam
Exam Category: State Level
About Odisha Diploma Entrance Test
There are various Polytechnic diploma courses that are being offered by these institutions and this entrance exam is like a 1st semester gateway for the candidates willing to build a career out of polytechnics. Courses in engineering, non engineering, technology, TV and film are also offered.
Eligibility Criteria of Odisha DET 2018
Citizenship: The candidates must be a resident of India. There is no need to be the resident of Odisha because outside candidates are also allowed to sit for the exam.
Age Limit: The minimum age for the Engineering & Beauty Culture is 14 years and for other courses the minimum age limit is 16 years.
Educational Qualification: The candidates must have 10+2 passing certificate or SSC passing certificate with science. Candidates who will be appearing for the Pharmacy & Sound engineering needs to have Science as their subject. For other courses, the candidate can be of any disciple (Science or Arts or Commerce), but the minimum marks should be 35% in total and a minimum of 30% marks in every subject.
Application Fee of Odisha DET 2018
The female candidates will have to pay Rs. 350 as the application fee, whereas for the male candidates of general category, the fee will be Rs. 450. SC/ ST and PH candidates will have to pay a sum of Rs. 200 only. The payment can be made through net banking or using the debit or credit card in any of the Axis bank or IDBI bank.
Application Process of Odisha DET 2018
• Only the online application is accepted for this exam
• The candidates should visit the official website detodisha.nic.in and start filling up the form online
• Scanned photograph and signature is required, so it is important that the candidates have it ready with them at the time of filling up the application form
• After filling up the application form, the candidates must verify the details and then press the submit button
• Once the application form is submitted with the application fee, the candidates must take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Syllabus of Odisha DET 2018
The candidates appearing for the DET will have to go through Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. In Mathematics, the topics that they have to follow are Number System, Mensuration, Proportion, Logarithms, etc. In physics there will be Power, Trust and Pressure, Heat, Magnetic effects, Motion, etc. and in chemistry the candidates will find the topics like Periodic classification, Sources of Energy and water, atomic structure, alloys, etc.
Exam Pattern of Odisha DET 2018
Odisha Diploma Entrance Test pattern and syllabus are mentioned below:
|Physics||2 hours 30 minutes||100||400|
Each wrong answer will fetch negative marking of 1 mark.
Admit Card of Odisha DET 2018
The admit card can be downloaded online or the candidates can acquire the admit card from the examination centers as well, but it would cost them Rs. 20. In order to get the admit card from the center the candidates shall produce two identical photographs that have been uploaded in the application form along with a written application.
Results of Odisha DET 2018
The results will be declared by the end of May and in July the counseling will be conducted.
Important Dates of Odisha DET 2018
The candidates must note down the important dates of Odisha Diploma Entrance Test 2018, so that they can appear in the exam successfully:
• The application form will be made available online from the month of February 2018
• The applicants can submit online till the 3rd week of April 2018
• Hall ticket is available to download from 1st week of May 2018
• The exam will be held in the month of May 2018
• Results will be announced by 3rd week of June 2018
• Counselling process will start by 1st week of July 2018
Directorate of Technical Education & Training
Killa Maidan, Buxibazar,
Cuttack, Odisha – 753 001.
Ph No: 0671-2411600/ 2411601