JLEE Assam 2017
The diploma holders who want to get admission into the degree courses need to appear in the Joint lateral Entrance Examination to secure a seat out there. The students of the diploma courses would be able to enter the degree course from 2nd year only.
Exam Name: Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Examination
Commonly known as: Assam JLEE
Exam Category: UG Entrance Exam
Exam Level: State Level
About JLEE Assam
The candidates appearing for the exam will be able to secure a seat in some of the finest colleges all across the state of Assam. Through this entrance exam, the candidates will be able to get admission in Assam Engineering College, Guwahati; Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat; Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat and Bineshwar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar.
Eligibility Criteria of JLEE Assam 2017
The candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria first in order to appear for the Joint Lateral Entrance examination:
• The candidates need to be a citizen of India
• The candidates must be a permanent resident of Assam
• The candidates must complete the 3 year Diploma course from a recognized Polytechnic Institutes of Assam that is affiliated to State Council of Technical Education
• The applicants need to secure a minimum of 45% if they belong to General category
• For the SC/ ST category, the minimum marks is 40% in total
• The final year students can also apply for the entrance examination
Application Process in JLEE Assam 2017
The candidates applying for the entrance exam needs to follow the instructions mentioned below to complete the filling up of application form successfully:
• In order to apply for the entrance exam the candidates need to visit the official website at www.dteassam.in.
• Here they need to register first by providing basic details of theirs, like the mobile number and the email id
• Once the registration process is complete, the candidates will be receiving the login credentials
• With the help of that, the candidates need to login to access the application form
• Before filling up the application form, they must go through the detailed instructions so that they don’t commit any mistake
• Scanned photograph ad signature will be required in the course of filling up the application process
• The candidates must upload the recent passport size photograph is JPEG format that doesn’t exceed the file size of 100KB
• Once everything is updated, the candidates must verify the details prior to the submission of the application form
• The duly filled application form must be send to the below mentioned address along with Demand Draft –through speed post or registered post –
The Directorate of Technical Education
Kahilipara, Guwahati – 781 019.
• On the envelope ‘Joint Lateral Entrance Examination 2017’ must be mentioned clearly along with the application number
Application Fee for JLEE Assam 2017
The application fee for Assam JLEE is Rs. 1000 and that must be paid through Demand Draft. The DD shall be drawn in favor of ‘The Director, Technical Education, Assam” payable at the State Bank of India, Kahilipara Branch, Guwahati.
Age Limit of JLEE Assam 2017
The candidates appearing for the Assam JLEE must be a minimum of 17 years of age, but they must not exceed 21 years of age at the time of examination.
Exam Pattern of JLEE Assam 2017
Assam JLEE exam pattern and syllabus are mentioned below:
|Basic Computer||10||40||3 hours|
|Branch of Engineering||50||200|
Admit Card of JLEE Assam 2017
The admit card will be made available online three weeks prior to the examination. The candidates can download it from there and take a proper printout of the same. The candidates must carry the admit card and a photo id along with them to the examination hall.
Results of JLEE Assam 2017
The result will be notified online and the candidates will be able to check their results by entering heir hall ticket number or roll number.
Important Dates in JLEE Assam 2017
The candidates must note down the following dates in order to complete the application form successfully.
• Online application form will be made available from the middle of April, 2017
• The application form will be accepted till the middle of May, 2017
• The examination will be held in the month of June, 2017
• Results will be announced by last week of June 2017
• Counselling process will start by first week of July 2017
The Controller of Examinations
Office of the Director of Technical Education
Govt. Of Assam, Kahilipara
Guwahati – 781019(Assam)