IGNOU MEd Admission 2017
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) that is situated in New Delhi invites application for the M.Ed Entrance exam for interested candidates can apply for the 2 year M.Ed course for the academic year 2017-17. The candidates who are willing to appear in the entrance exam must go through the eligibility criteria and then apply for the exam. Otherwise, there application will get rejected and they won’t be allowed to sit for the exam.
Exam Name: Indira Gandhi National Open University M.Ed Entrance Exam
Commonly Known as: IGNOU M.Ed Admission
Exam Category: PG Entrance Exam
Exam Level: State Level
About IGNOU M.Ed Admission
Indira Gandhi National Open University is said to be the People’s University and it has helped the students since 1985. There are several regional centers all over the country to enhance the skills, knowledge as well as research base in specified domains.
Eligibility Criteria of IGNOU MEd Entrance Exam 2017
The candidates appearing for the entrance test must satisfy the eligibility criteria that are being mentioned below:
• The candidates appearing for the M.Ed programme must secure a minimum of 55% marks in total
• There is no need to apply for the teachers who have been appointed prior to the instigation of the NCTE regulations that was announced in the March 2010 and scored 50% marks
• The candidates must have 2 years of full time teaching experience in any of the Government recognized or Government Secondary or Senior Secondary or Primary School can apply provided they have complete 2 years of experience
• If the candidates belong to reserved category, then they will get an additional 5% relaxation in case of total marks that is required
Application process in IGNOU MEd Entrance Exam 2017
The candidates who want to appear in the IGNOU MEd entrance test must follow the below mentioned steps carefully to accomplish the application process successfully:
• The candidates can apply either online or offline
• If the candidates opt for online application, then they need to visit the official website at www.ignou.ac.in
• There they need to register with basic details and once they receive the login credentials, they will have to login with the username and password
• Now fill up the application form with correct details and upload the scanned photograph and signature to complete the application process
• Pay the application fee online and then submit the application form
• Take a printout of eh application form for future reference
• In case the candidates opt for offline method of application, then they can acquire the application form from the regional centers or download it from the official website
• With the help of black or blue pen, fill up the application form with correct details
• Now paste the recent passport size photograph and sign where it is mentioned to do so
• Pay the application fee through Demand Draft drawn in favor of ‘IGNOU payable at New Delhi’
• Put everything in an envelope and send it to the ‘Regional Centre concerned Master of Education (M.Ed.) Programs’ through speed post or registered post.
Application fee of IGNOU MEd Entrance Exam 2017
The candidates applying for the exam must pay an application fee of Rs. 1050 online or through Demand Draft.
Age Limit of IGNOU MEd Entrance Exam 2017
The age criteria that the candidates need to meet for applying for the exam is a minimum of 21 years as of the examination year.
Exam Pattern of IGNOU MEd Entrance Exam 2017
IGNOU MEd entrance exam pattern and syllabus are mentioned below:
The subjects that are included in the exam are all related to the post graduation level and all the question are MCQs. SO, the candidates need to go though the questions carefully and select only the correct answer.
Admit Card of IGNOU MEd Entrance Exam 2017
The admit card can be downloaded from the official website. The candidates need to click on the link and then type in the part of their name in the box made available. Once they click on submit the hall ticket will pop up on their screen. If they know their enrolment number, then they can enter that and download the hall ticket.
Results of IGNOU MEd Entrance Exam 2017
The result will also be made available on the website. The candidates just need to click on the right link for the M.Ed. Entrance Exam 2017 results and submit their roll number to check the results.
Important Dates in IGNOU MEd Entrance Exam 2017
The candidates who wish to appear for the IGNOU M.Ed. Entrance Exam 2017 must note down the important dates related to the application process provided below:
• The application form will be made available from the month of March 2017 in both online and offline mode
• The application will be accepted till the month of April 2017
• The entrance exam will be tentatively held in the month of May 2017
• Results will be announced by 2nd week of June 2017
New Academic Building,
Room No. 11, IGNOU,
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068
Ph No: +91-011-29533549, 29571621-1630