HP LEET 2017
Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board conducts the lateral entry test every year to provide opportunity to the aspirants who want to take a direct entry to the 2nd year of the 3 year Diploma Courses.
Exam Name: Himachal Pradesh Lateral Entry Entrance Test
Commonly known as: HP LEET
Exam Category: UG Entrance Exam
Exam Level: State Level
About HP Lateral Entry Entrance Test
Different Diploma courses are offered in Government Polytechnic and private colleges and the students who are willing to get an admission into these colleges need to appear in the Lateral Entry Entrance Test. Depending on the merit of the candidates they will be provided the opportunity to study in one of the colleges.
Eligibility Criteria of HP LEET 2017
The candidates appearing for the exam must fulfill the eligibility criteria first and then only they will be granted the permission to sit for the exam:
• The candidate must be a citizen of India
• The candidates appearing for the exam must be a resident of Himachal Pradesh only
• The candidates must possess a passing certificate of 10+2 in Science or any Vocational course from the Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education or any other recognized board
• If the candidate is a class pass out, then they need to have 2 years of ITI or a minimum of 1 year ITI from a recognized board of the state or from the vocational institute from the Central
• The candidates who have appeared in the final year of the examination can also apply for the entrance test
Application Process in HP LEET 2017
The applicants need to follow the below mentioned steps to complete the application process:
• In order to acquire the application form, the candidates must submit the specified amount DD through registered post in favor of “Secretary, H.P. Takniki Shiksha Board, payable at Dharamshala”
• Once they receive the application form, the candidates must fill it up with correct details without committing any mistake
• Sample references are always provided, so the candidates must go through the detailed instructions and then start filling up the application form in order to avoid any kind of mistake
• Recent passport size photograph is required in the application form, therefore the candidate must keep it handy and paste it in mentioned space
• Once the application form is duly filled, the candidates require to send it through the registered post to ‘Director (Admission) HP LEET’
Application Fee of HP LEET 2017
The General candidates will have to pay a sum of Rs. 650 and if the candidates belong to reserved category, then they will have to Rs. 450. In case, the candidates are drawing DD, then the amount will be Rs. 700 for general candidates and the reserved category candidates will be paying Rs. 450.
Age Limit of HP LEET 2017
The candidates who want to appear for the exam must complete 15 years of age and must not be above 20 years of age as of the examination year.
Exam Pattern of HP LEET 2017
The exam will be based on the syllabus that the candidates have gone through in their school. MCQ’s will be there and the candidates need to mark the single correct answer.
Admit Card of HP LEET 2017
The HP LEET admit card will be made available to the candidates prior to the commencement of the examination. In case the candidates don’t receive the admit card on time, then they can contact the concerned officials.
Results of HP LEET 2017
The candidates will be able to check their result online from the official website.
Important Dates in HP LEET 2017
The candidates need to keep in mind the following dates in order to apply for the exam:
• The application form will be issued in the month of April, 2017
• The application can be submitted till the 1st week of May, 2017
• The exam will be held in the month of May 2017
• Results will be announced by 2nd week of June 2017
• Counselling process will start by last week of June 2017
Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board
Dharamshala at Dari P.O. Dari,
Tehsil Dharamshala, Distt. Kangra,
Himachal Pradesh – 176 057.
Ph No: 01892-222662, 225755