Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is abbreviated as GATE. GATE is national level examination which is used so that candidates can get admission to Post graduate programs in engineering like M.Tech, M.E, and Direct Ph.D in most of the Indian higher institutes.
Exam Name: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
Commonly called as: GATE
Exam Type: PG Entrance Exam
Exam Category: National Level
About Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
GATE is All India Entrance Examination through which candidate can get admission in M.Tech, M.E courses at the IITs, NITs other GFTIs. GATE examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc) and administered in association with seven Indian Institutes of Technology of Technology. The exam centres are divided amongst 8 zonal centres which is available in Banaglore, Mumbai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2018
To get eligible in GATE entrance examination and study in IIT’s and Other Institutes in India candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Candidates need to clear their qualifying degree to appear for the examination
• Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering / Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.SC / Diploma in Engineering / Technology and those who are in final year of such programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post diploma or 4 years after 10+2)
• Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent
• Post B.SC Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology (4 year program)
Application Process in GATE 2018
Candidates who are interested to give GATE Entrance Examination needs to fill the application form and pay the registration fees. Candidate need to follow the mentioned below steps:
• The online application starts from 1st week of September 2018
• Candidates need to fill the online application form with all mandatory details
• Candidates need to upload photograph and signature
• General category candidate need to pay Rs. 1500/-, Women need to pay Rs. 750/- and reserved category candidate need to pay Rs. 750/- as application fees.
• Candidates can pay the application fees either online or through e-challan
• Last date to apply online is by 1st week of October 2018
• Last date of online payment for registered candidates is by 2nd week of October 2018
Registration Fees of GATE 2018
The registration fees for GATE entrance examination where general category candidate need to pay Rs. 1500/-, women need to pay Rs. 750/- and reserved category candidates need to pay Rs. 750/-. Candidates can pay their application fees either online or through e-challan.
Age Limit for GATE 2018
There is no age limit for candidate to appear for GATE entrance examination.
Exam Pattern for GATE 2018
GATE Entrance Examination will be conducted by last week of January 2018 and 1st week of February 2018. The syllabus and exam pattern are mentioned below:
• Exam duration will be of 3 hours
• Total marks of the paper is of 100 marks
• The paper will have both multiple choice questions and numerical questions
• Both type of questions will be either of 1 mark or 2 marks
• For multiple choice questions there will be negative marking where for 1 mark question 1/3 marks are deducted and for 2 marks questions 2/3 marks are deducted
• For numerical questions there is no negative marking
• Candidate can select any one paper out of 23 papers from different fields.
Admit Card for GATE 2018
The hall ticket of the candidate will be available on the official site of GATE Entrance Exam. After the announcement of admit card the candidate able to download the card by filling up the application number. Candidate can download and take the print out of their admit card. The hall ticket will be available a week prior to the examination date.
Note: Admit card will not be send by post, candidates are suppose to download the admit card from the official site only.
Results of GATE 2018
Every year the entrance examination is conducted where the results are declared by last week of March 2018.
Important Dates of GATE 2018
The below mentioned are important dates for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2018:
• The online application starts from 1st week of September 2017
• Last date to apply online is by 1st week of October 2017
• Last date of online payment for registered candidates is by 2nd week of October 2017
• Admit card will be provided a week prior to the examination
• Entrance examination will be conducted by last week of January 2018 and 1st week of February 2018
• Results will be declared by last week of March 2018
• Counselling process will start by 2nd week of April 2018
Counselling Process of GATE 2018
Shortlisted candidates are supposed to login in to the official site and check their counselling dates. Selected candidates have to carry their original mark-sheets and certificates at the time of counselling and if they fail to carry their original certificates and mark-sheets their admission will be cancelled. Downloaded mark-sheets and certificates are not allowed. The counselling process would start tentatively by 2nd week of April 2018.