Delhi University JAT 2017
Delhi University Joint Admission Test commonly called as DU JAT which is also known as DU BMS CET (Delhi University Bachelor of Management Studies Common Entrance Test) conducted by the Delhi University for the admission in BMS, BBA(FIA)and B.A.(Hons.) Business Economics programmes for 4 years. Candidates belonging to Delhi are eligible for this exam.
Exam Name: Delhi University Joint Admission Test
Commonly Known as: DU JAT or DU BMS CET
Exam Category: UG Entrance Exam
Exam Level: University Level
About DU Joint Admission Test
Delhi University is conducting Joint Admission Test (JAT) for Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis) (BBA FIA) and B.A. (Honours) Business Economics. Candidates who are appearing for DU JAT can take admission in BMS, BBA(FIA)and B.A.(Hons.). Interested candidates see the eligible criteria and all other conditions required for exam and prepare according to the syllabus given below.
BMS, BBA(FIA), B.A.(Hons.) Business Economics is now being offered at the colleges listed below:
1. Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
2. Deen Dayal Upadhyay College
3. Keshav Mahavidyalaya
4. Aryabhatta College
5. B.R.Ambedkar College
6. College of Vocational Studies
7. Gargi College
8. Lakshmibai College
9. Maharaja Agrasen College
10. Shivaji College
11. Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce
12. Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College
13. Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
Eligibility Criteria for DU JAT 2017
To get eligible in DU Joint Admission Test and study in Colleges under the Delhi University candidate are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Before applying, every candidate must be known about the eligibility criteria for DU JAT or DU BMS CET 2017.
• General Category 60%
• OBC category candidates shall be given a relaxation in the minimum eligibility in the qualifying examination to the extent of 10% of the minimum eligibility marks prescribed for the General Category candidates-54%
• Sc/ST-Passed in Qualifying Examination (Senior Secondary School Examination of CBSE or any other examination). Person with Disability (PWD)/CW The candidate shall be given a relaxation in the minimum eligibility
Application Process in DU JAT 2017
Candidates who are interested in giving DU Joint Admission Test can apply offline mode. The application form process is as follows:
• Application form will be available from the March/ April 2017.
• Candidate need to go through all the instructions
• He/she should fill the form with valid details.
• The applicants may get the application form from online and should pay Rs. 500/- (for General candidates) or Rs. 250/- (for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH candidates)
Registration Fees of DU JAT 2017
The registration fee for DU Joint Admission Test 2017 is as follows. Pay in online. The following is the process:
• The registration fee for General and OBC candidates is RS. 500/-.
• For SC/ST the fee is RS.250/-
• Interested candidate can pay the online fee after filling the application form.
Syllabus for DU JAT 2017
The syllabus and admit card for the DU Joint Admission Test is as follows. The exam will be conducted in the month of June.
The syllabus is mentioned below:
• Quantitative Ability
• Reasoning and Analytical Ability
• General English
• Business and General Awareness
The exam pattern is mentioned below:
• The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
• The DU JAT will consist of one paper consist of 100 objective type questions based on the syllabus mentioned above.
• The correct answer will be awarded 3 marks
• Negative marking of 1 mark for wrong answer.
Admit Card for DU JAT 2017
The admit card of the candidate Delhi University JAT will be available on the official site. After the announcement of hall ticket the candidate is able to download the card by filling up the application number. Candidate can download and take the print out of their admit card. The hall ticket would be available online by second week of June 2017.
Results of DU JAT 2017
Every year the Delhi University JAT is conducted in the month of May and the result of DU JAT are declared by July 2017. The results of the applicants will be available on the official website where students can mention their enrolment number and can check their results.
Important Dates of DU JAT 2017
The below mentioned are important dates for DU Joint Admission Test 2017:
• Online registration will start from end of May 2017
• Last date of registration will be first week of June 2017
• Admit card is available to download by second week of June 2017
• The entrance exam would be conducted in June 2017
• Results will be announced by July 2017
• Counselling process will start by last week of July 2017
Counselling Process of DU JAT 2017
Shortlisted candidates Joint Admission Test will not be intimated regarding counselling through separate letters. They are supposed to check the list and the date which will be available on website. Selected candidates have to carry their original mark-sheets and certificates at the time of counselling and if they fail to carry their original certificates and mark-sheets their admission will be cancelled. Downloaded mark-sheets and certificates are not allowed. The counselling process would start tentatively in last week of July 2017.
Faculty of Applied Social Sciences And Humanities
University Of Delhi,
Delhi, India -110 007.