The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a test conducted in India by Indian Institutes of management. This main aim behind conducting this exam is to select students for their business administration programs. As every year this year also in 2019 IIM is conducting CAT test. The full details of the exam are cited below.
Exam Name: Common Admission Test
Commonly Called as: CAT
Exam Type: PG Entrance Exam
Exam Category: National level
About IIM Common Admission Test
Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) conducts CAT to involve students in various management activities. Generally the test is conducted in the month of November. So the candidates to pass in this exam should be perfect at the syllabus given in the test. It is clearly mentioned following sections.
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2019
To get eligible in Common Admission Test 2019 and study in this University candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria. It is mentioned below carefully:
• The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks.
• candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently able (DA) (It may also be referred to as Persons With Disability (PWD) categories], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
• The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree.
• In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks.
Application Process in CAT 2019
Candidates who are interested in giving Common Admission Test 2019 can apply online mode. The application form will be available by last week of February 2019. The following is the process:
• Click on the link Apply Online to start the application form.
• Register in the form so that you get User ID and password.
• At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any four Test Cities as per their preference from the drop down menu.
• Candidates will be allotted one among the 4 preferred Cities in any 1 of the 2 sessions after the last date of registration. Read instructions carefully and fill the form.
Registration Fees for CAT 2019
The registration fee for Common Admission Test 2019 is mentioned below. Candidate can see the following fee structure to be paid for the exam:
• For General and OBC candidates the application fee is Rs.1600/-
• For SC/ST/PWD the application fee is Rs.800/-
• Payment can be done online.
• Payment can be done through State Bank Collect – net banking or debit/credit card of any nationalized bank.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern CAT 2019
The Common Admission Test 2019 exam is little tough so candidates should be thorough with the exam and should be familiar with the exam pattern so that it makes the candidate to perform well in the examination. Syllabus and exam pattern are as follows:
• quantitative ability
• data interpretation
• verbal ability
• Logical reasoning.
The exam duration is for 180 minutes
• Paper contains 100 questions
• Quantitative Aptitude -34 questions
• Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning- 32 questions
• Verbal and Reading Comprehension -34 questions
Admit Card for CAT 2019
The admit card for Common Admission Test 2019 will be available on the official site of the 15th October 2019. After the announcement of hall ticket the candidate able to download the card by filling up the application number. Candidate can download and take the print out of their hall ticket. The admit card will be available till the exam date.
Results of CAT 2019
This year the CAT 2019 exam is conducted in the month of November. The result of the applicants will be available on the official website. This score is valid till December 31st 2019. This is the easy exam and students can easily qualify the exam if they are perfect at syllabus mentioned above.
Important Dates CAT 2019
The below mentioned are important dates for Common Admission Test 2019:
• Online registration will start from 6th August 2019.
• Last date of registration will be 25th September 2019.
• Admit card is available to download from 15th October 2019.
• The entrance exam would be conducted in the month of November 2019.
Counselling Process of CAT 2019
Counselling process for IIMCAT will be started after Score cards are released and qualified students are eligible to go to next stage. The process of counselling is given below:
• Please note that each IIM shortlists candidates for its second stage of selection which may be different for each IIM.
• The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI).
• Performance in CAT 2015 examination is an important component in the admission process. IIMs may use previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience and other similar inputs in short listing and ranking of candidates at various stages of the admission process.
Note: The processes, academic cut-offs and the weights allocated to the evaluation parameters may vary across IIMs
CAT Centre 2019
C/o Admissions Office
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat – 380 015.
Toll Free: 1-800-266-0207