UPSC CAPF AC Exam 2017
People who aspire to become a part of the Central Armed Police Forces need to start their preparation. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has heralded the exam date for the year 2015. Therefore, it is expected that in 2017, the tentative exam date will be July 16, 2017. Every year, the final cut off is being increased by a huge margin due to the immense competition that is prevalent in this competitive exam. In 2011, the cut off was 254 and last year in 2014, the final cut off was about 294 out of 600. So, you can pretty well witness for yourself the huge leap within a matter of 3 years. If you want to clear the exam with flying colors, then you will have to buckle up and start collating the resources.
Exam Name: Central Armed Police Forces Assistant Commandants Exam
Commonly called as: UPSC CAPF (ACs) Exam or CAPF Exam
Exam Type: UG Entrance Exam
Exam Category: National Level
About UPSC CAPF AC Exam
Central Armed Police Forces comprise of 5 police forces – Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Indo – Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Eligibility Criteria for CAPF (AC) Exam 2017
There is certain eligibility criteria that the candidates need to fulfill to apply for this exam.
• Age Limit – In order to apply for the CAPF (AC) exam, the candidates must be within the age group of 20 – 25 years as on August 1 2017.
• Physical Standards – In the notification, physical standard eligibility criteria are explained in details. The candidates need to go through it and abide by the same.
• Educational qualification – A bachelor’s degree from any recognized University or deemed University under proper Acts will be accepted
• The female candidates are prohibited from applying for ITBP and BSF.
Application Fee for CAPF (AC) Exam 2017
All the candidates are required to pay a sum of Rs. 200 in any of the SBI branch by cash or they can go online and deposit the amount through their Master or Visa debit or Credit card.
Application Process in CAPF (AC) Exam 2017
• The candidates can only apply online, so they have to visit the official website of UPSC, upsconline.nic.in.
• Once the candidate is there, they need to click on the link for CAPF (AC) application form
• It is advisable that the candidates go through the instructions carefully before filling up the form.
Syllabus of CAPF (AC) Exam 2017
The General Ability and Intelligence test consist of questions of logical reasoning, data interpretation and numerical ability. Indian Politics, Current affairs, History of India, World and Indian Geography are also part of the syllabus that the candidates need to follow.
Exam Pattern of CAPF (AC) Exam 2017
The candidates will be evaluated on the basis of 125 Multiple Choice Questions and 7 descriptive questions. 450 marks is the combined total for Paper I and Paper II.
• Paper II consists of descriptive questions and the candidates will have 3 hours to attempt them. This is more of a conventional type exam, which includes Essay, Comprehension and General Studies.
• The candidates will have 2 hours to get through Paper I that consist of 125 MCQs. The questions will be primarily based on General Ability and Intelligence
• But, the candidates must remember that there is negative marking for each wrong answer that you tick. So, beware of taking guesses. If the candidates are not sure about the answer, then it is better to leave them rather than marking it wrong and losing 1/3rd marks for that.
• Even marking two options will be counted as a wrong answer even if one of them is the right option.
• Once the candidates clear the written exam round, they will be called for a face to face interview round. The medical and physical standard test will also be conducted, so only those candidates who fit into all the criteria shall apply.
Admit Card of CAPF (AC) Exam 2017
The candidates need to collect the e-admit card online from the official website of UPSC, www.upsconline.nic.in. Before downloading the admit card, the candidate will have to provide some details like registration number or date of birth. They need to take a print out of the same and bring it along with them on the exam day. The candidates will be receiving their respective admit cards by the first week of July or by the end of June 2017.
Results of CAPF (AC) Exam 2017
By the end of October or by the first week of November the result of the UPSC CAPF (ACs) exam will be out. The results will be declared online and it can be viewed by the candidates after they provide the details like registration number or roll number.
Important Dates of CAPF (AC) Exam 2017
The Union Public Service Commission will circulate an advertisement for the candidates who will be appearing in the UPSC CAPF (ACs) Exam 2017 tentatively by the end of March. This will provide the candidates with ample time to go online and apply for the position.
• The tentative last date for the acknowledgement of the application forms will most probably be 14th of May 2017
• The tentative CAPF (AC) exam will be held on July 2017
Note: In order to know the exact dates, just stay connected to the UPSC official site as it will update all the relevant information regarding the exam in there.
Union Public Service Commission
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road,
New Delhi – 110 069.
Facilitation Counter: 011-23098543
Online Recruitment Application & Admit Card: 011-23385176
Admit Card (Examination): 011-23098543
Notification Query: Online Application: 011-23098543
Online Exam Applications Technical Query: 011-23388088
ORA Website: upsconline.nic.in