Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test is abbreviated as BITSAT. This is a computer based online examination which is conducted every year. The examination is conducted for students who are interested to take their admission for getting their certification in graduations.
Exam Name: Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test
Commonly Called as: BITSAT
Exam Type: UG Entrance Exam
Exam Category: State Level
About BITS Admission Test
BITSAT has Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) three campuses namely Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. Candidates can get their admission in bachelor courses like B.E, Pharma and M.Sc programmes. Every year the examination is conducted in month of May. There are around 2000 seats available in B.E (Hons) programs. There are nearly 2 lakhs of candidates who apply for this examination.
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT 2019
To get eligible in BITSAT and study in this Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) on its three campuses candidate are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Candidate should have passed 10+2 examination from any recognized central or state board.
• Candidate need to have major subjects namely: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English
• It is mandatory for the candidate to obtain minimum 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
• There is no age limit to appear for this examination.
Application Process in BITSAT 2019
Candidates who are interested to give BITS Admission needs to fill the application form online only. The application form will be available on the official site from 1st week of January 2019 and last date to submit the application form will be by last week of February 2019
• Candidates are supposed register themselves by entering their personal details correctly.
• The application fee for male candidates is Rs. 2000/- where as Rs. 1590/- for female candidates.
• Candidates can pay the application fees through cash at ICICI Bank Branches in India. Candidates must download the pay-in-slip on the payment page and go to nearest ICICI bank along with cash.
• Candidates can also make the payment using debit or credit cards and even through net banking.
• The last date for submitting the application will be by last week of February 2019.
Registration Fees of BITSAT 2019
The registration fees for BITS Admission for male candidates is Rs. 2000/- where as for female is Rs. 1590/-. Candidates can pay their registration fees either by visiting ICICI Bank or by making online payment through debit or credit or net banking.
Age Limit for BITSAT 2019
There are no age criteria applicable for this examination.
Exam Pattern for BITSAT 2019
BITSAT will be conducted in 3rd week of May 2019. The syllabus and exam pattern are mentioned below:
• The examination duration is of 3 hours
• The test will be divided into four parts namely: Physics, Chemistry, English and Logical Reasoning and Mathematics
• All questions will be multiple choice questions
• On every correct answer candidates will get 3 marks and on incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted.
• There will be 150 questions where each question will be of 3 marks.
Admit Card for BITSAT 2019
The admit card of the candidate will be available on the official site of BITS, Pilani. After the announcement of hall ticket the candidate able to download the card by filling up the application number. Candidate can download and take the print out of their admit card. The hall ticket will be available a week prior to the examination date.
Note: Admit card will not be send by post, candidates are suppose to download the hall ticket from the official site only.
Results of BITSAT 2019
Every year the entrance examination is conducted in the month of June and the results of BITSAT are declared by last week of June 2019.
Important Dates of BITSAT 2019
The below mentioned are important dates for BITSAT 2019:
• Online registration for application will start from 1st week of January 2019
• Last date of registration for application will be last week of February 2019
• Admit card will be available a week prior to the examination
• Examination will be conducted by 3rd week of May 2019
• Results will be announced by last week of June 2019
• Counselling process will start from 2nd week of July 2019
Counselling Process of BITSAT 2019
Shortlisted candidates are supposed to login in to the official site and check their counselling dates. Selected candidates have to carry their original mark-sheets and certificates at the time of counselling and if they fail to carry their original certificates and mark-sheets their admission will be cancelled. Downloaded mark-sheets and certificates are not allowed. The counselling process would start tentatively in 2nd week of July 2019.
BITS Pilani (Birla Institute of Technology and Science),
Rajasthan, India – 333 031.
Tel: 01596-242205, 01596-515294/ 330
BITS Pilani website: www.bits-pilani.ac.in
All the above information based on last year official notification. It will be updated for this year whenever officially made. For more details visit official website.