The Banaras Hindu University conducts B.A. L.L.B (Hons) Admission Test is abbreviated as BLAT. This entrance test is available for candidates who are willing to build up their career in law. BLAT is 5 years integrated BA. LLB programs in university. Candidates can apply for this examination after checking their eligibility.
Exam Name: BHU B.A. L.L.B Admission Test
Commonly Called as: BLAT
Exam Type: UG Entrance Exam
Exam Category: University Level
About BHU BA LLB (Hons) Admission Test
The Banaras Hindu University shall conduct BLAT it has 60 seats available for BA LLB (Hons) program. There are 7 exam centres across India where BLAT entrance exams are conducted namely: Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Lucknow, Kolkata, Delhi, Hyderabad and Chennai. There are thousands of candidates who appear for this examination every year.
Eligibility Criteria for BLAT 2017
To get eligible in BHU BA LLB (Hons) Admission Test and study in this University candidate are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
• It is mandatory for the candidate to pass 10+2 examination from any recognized board.
• General category candidates need to obtain minimum 50% marks where as for reserved category candidates they need to obtain minimum 40% marks.
• Candidate’s age should be less than 22 years to appear for the entrance examination.
Application Process in BLAT 2017
Candidates who are interested to give BHU BA LLB (Hons) Admission Test needs to fill the application form online only. The application form will be available on the official site from 3rd week of March 2017 and last date to submit the application form will be by 1st week of April 2017
• Candidates are supposed to visit the official site and register the application form.
• After filling the application forms, candidates have to pay the registration fees online
• General Category candidates are supposed to pay Rs. 500/- where as reserved category candidates are supposed to pay Rs. 250/- as registration fees
• Candidates can pay their registration fees using Debit card or Credit card or net banking methods.
• Candidates can make payment through bank challan at HDFC branches.
• The last date for submitting the application will be by 1st week of April 2017
Registration Fees of BLAT 2017
The registration fees for BHU BA LLB (Hons) Admission Test for general category candidates is Rs. 500/- where as for reserved category candidates is Rs. 250/-. Candidates can pay the registration fees either by using online method or by submitting bank challan at HDFC branches.
Age Limit for BLAT 2017
Candidate’s age should be less than 22 years to appear for the entrance examination.
Exam Pattern for BLAT 2017
BHU BA LLB (Hons) Admission Test will be conducted in 1st week of May 2017. The syllabus and exam pattern are mentioned below:
• There are 150 multiple choice questions where each question is of 3 marks
• Total marks of the entrance exam is 450
• On every correct answer candidate will get 3 marks and on every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted
• The exam duration is of 2 hours
• The questions will be based on General Awareness, Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude, Mental Ability and English Comprehension.
Admit Card for BLAT 2017
The hall ticket of the candidate will be available on the official site of Banaras Hindu University. After the announcement of admit card the candidate able to download the card by filling up the application number. Candidate can download and take the print out of their hall ticket. The hall ticket will be available a week prior to the examination date.
Note: Admit card will not be send by post, candidates are suppose to download the admit card from the official site only.
Results of BLAT 2017
Every year the entrance examination is conducted in the month of June and the result of BLAT are declared by last week of June 2017.
Important Dates of BLAT 2017
The below mentioned are important dates for BHU BA LLB Admission Test 2017:
• Online registration will start from 3rd week of March 2017
• Last date of registration will be by 1st week of April 2017
• Admit Card will be available a week prior to the examination date
• Examination will be conducted by 1st week of May 2017
• Results will announced by last week of June 2017
• Counselling process will start from 2nd week of July 2017
Counselling Process of BLAT 2017
Shortlisted candidates are supposed to login in to the official site and check their counselling dates. Selected candidates have to carry their original mark-sheets and certificates at the time of counselling and if they fail to carry their original certificates and mark-sheets their admission will be cancelled. Downloaded mark-sheets and certificates are not allowed. The counselling process would start tentatively in 2nd week of July 2017.
Banaras Hindu University,
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India – 221 005
Helpline Call: 085745 87668/ 070541 23586/ 094151 34225
Entrance Exam website: bhuonline.in