Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination is abbreviated as BCECE. This examination is designed for undergraduates who are willing to make their career in engineering, medical or agricultural. The entrance examination is conducted by Bihar Examination Board. Examination of BCECE is held in 2 stages namely, BCECE Stage 1 and BCECE Stage 2. The result of BCECE is published separately for PCM and PCB group candidates.
Exam Name: Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination
Commonly Called as: BCECE
Exam Type: UG Entrance Exam
Exam Category: State Level
BCECE is conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. There are more than 80,000 candidates who appear for this entrance examination every year. The entrance examination is conducted in the month of April every year. There are approx 1900 seats in eight government institutions available in Bihar.
Eligibility Criteria for BCECE 2019
To get eligible in BCECE entrance examination and study in Bihar Colleges candidate are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
• It is mandatory for a candidate to be Indian Citizen
• Interested candidates should have passed Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology as their major subjects in 10+2 level
• For General category candidates they must have secure at least 45% aggregate marks and for reserved category they need to secure at least 40% aggregate marks.
• Students those who have appeared for their board examination can also apply for BCECE.
• There are no age criteria applicable for this examination.
Application Process in BCECE 2019
Candidates who are interested to give BCECE Entrance Exam 2019 needs to fill the application form online only. The application form will be available on the official site from 1st week of February 2019 and last date to submit the application form will be by 1st week of March 2019
• Interested candidates can pay their fees through bank challan or Net Banking or Debit or Credit Card.
• It is mandatory to send the hard copy of Application form to BCECE office before last date of submission date.
• General Category candidates are suppose to pay Rs. 660/- as application fees where as reserved category candidates are suppose to pay Rs. 330/-
• Candidates need to scan the digit signature done either in Hindi or English language. The signature should be signed on white paper with black pen. They have save the scanned copy in jpg format. Signature should not be in Capital Letters.
• Candidates have to register themselves on the official website and get the application form.
• After filling the form and attaching necessary documents, candidates have to send the envelope either through Registered Post or Speed Post on “Controller Examination, BCECE Board, IAS Association Building, Near Patna Airport, P.O B.V College, Patna – 800014”.
• The last date for submitting the application is by 1st week of March 2019
Registration Fees of BCECE 2019
The registration fees for BCECE examination for general category candidates is Rs. 660/- and for reserved category candidates is Rs. 330/-. Candidates can make the payment of registration fees by using online payment method or by paying cash in any Canara Bank by providing the Challan available after filling the application form.
Age Limit for BCECE 2019
There are no age criteria applicable for this examination.
Exam Pattern for BCECE 2019
BCECE will be conducted in 3rd week of April 2019. The syllabus and exam pattern are mentioned below:
• There will be 2 stages of examination conducted for BCECE Entrance Exam 2019
Stage 1 Examination details:
• The examination duration is of 2 hours and 15 minutes
• Total 150 questions and total marks is 600
• There will be 50 questions each on subjects named Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
• On every right answer candidate will gain 4 marks but on every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
Stage 2 Examination details:
• Total 300 questions with 1200 total marks
• There will be 100 questions each on each subjects namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
• On every correct answer candidate will gain 4 marks but on every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted
• In this examination there will be separate papers of 1 ½ Hours on each subject.
• Total 4 ½ hours paper will be there where there will be some free time given between each test.
Admit Card for BCECE 2019
The admit card of the candidate will be available on the official site of BCECE Board. After the announcement of hall ticket the candidate able to download the card by filling up the application number. Candidate can download and take the print out of their hall ticket. The admit card will be available from last week of March 2019.
Note: Admit card will not be send by post, candidates are suppose to download the hall ticket from the official site only.
Results of BCECE 2019
Every year the entrance examination is conducted in the month of June and the results of BCECE are declared by the 1st week of May 2019 for 1st stage examination where as for 2nd stage exams result will be announced by 1st week of June 2019. The results of the applicants will be available on the official website where students can mention their enrolment number and can check their result.
Important Dates of BCECE 2019
The below mentioned are important dates for BCECE Entrance Exam 2019:
• Online registration for application will start from 1st week of February 2019
• Last date for paying application fees via Bank Challan will be by last week of February 2019
• Last date to submit the application form will be by 1st week of March 2019
• Admit card will be available from last week of March 2019
• Exam of both the stage will be conducted by 3rd week of April 2019
• Results of Stage 1 will be announced by 1st week of May 2019
• Results of Stage 2 will be announced by 1st week of June 2019
• Counselling will start from last week of July 2019
Counselling Process of BCECE 2019
Shortlisted candidates are supposed to login in to the official site and check their counselling dates. Selected candidates have to carry their original mark-sheets and certificates at the time of counselling and if they fail to carry their original certificates and mark-sheets their admission will be cancelled. Downloaded mark-sheets and certificates are not allowed. The counselling process would start tentatively in last week of July 2019.
Controller of Examination,
IAS Association Building,
Near Patna Airport, P.O B.V College,
Patna, Bihar – 800 014.
Ph: 0612-2220230, 2225387