AIIMS MSc Nursing Admission 2017
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi grants its own medical degrees and it has the right to do so. The students who want to dedicate their life towards the well being of others through nursing must undergo proper training to do so from an esteemed institution like AIIMS first. AIIMS conducts the M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam every year to select the best candidates for this purpose.
Exam Name: AIIMS M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam
Commonly Known as: AIIMS M.Sc Nursing
Exam Category: PG Entrance Exam
Exam Level: National Level
About AIIMS MSc Nursing Admission
AIIMS is believed to provide the best infrastructure and facilities to the students and officials alike. They do so for the upliftment of the health standard in the country. Research facilities are also there in order to ensure that new medicines are invented with the help of latest technology. Technical advancement is infused in the medical education, so that the students come across nothing but the best equipments and latest knowledge in the field of medical education.
Eligibility Criteria of AIIMS MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2017
The candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria that is set by AIIMS for the selection of candidates for AIIMS M.Sc Nursing:
• The candidate must be a citizen of India
• The candidate must possess Bachelor of Science (Hons) Nursing or Post Basic/ Bachelor of Science in Nursing (4years)/ Bachelor of Science Nursing (Post Certificate)from a recognized University or equivalent
• The general candidates and OBC candidates need to acquire a minimum of 60% marks and the SC/ ST candidates require 55% marks
• The foreign nationals are also allowed provided they produce all the relevant documents. They won’t have to sit for the entrance exam and their admission will be based on grades or marks secured in the qualifying exam
• Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife is imperative with State Nursing Council
• The candidates appearing for the final year exam can apply and also those candidates who have appeared for the final year exam but is awaiting the results can apply too
• A minimum cut off marks for the written exam is 50%
Application Process in AIIMS MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2017
The aspirants who are seeking AIIMS MSc admission in the nursing course must follow the below mentioned steps to complete the application successfully:
• The candidates need to go online at www.aiims.ac.in or nursing.aiimsexams.org in order to fill up the application form
• In order to do that they need to register first and once they are a registered user they will receive the login credentials
• With the login credentials the candidates need to login to access the application form
• The scanned copy of recent passport size photograph and signature will be required, so the candidates must keep it handy
• The candidates are requested to use IE 7 or above, Firefox 3.5 and above or the Google Chrome for filling up the application form else there might be some difficulty in doing so
• There will be detailed instructions in the prospectus and the candidates are requested to go through it carefully
• The fee needs to be paid online through credit card or debit card or through net banking
• Once the application is duly filled, verify it once and submit
• Take a printout of the same for future reference
Application Fee of AIIMS MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2017
The application fee that the general and OBC candidates need to pay is Rs. 1000 and in case of the SC/ ST candidates the fee is Rs. 800.
Age Limit of AIIMS MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2017
The candidates appearing for the exam must be a minimum of 21 years of age as of the examination year.
Exam Pattern of AIIMS MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2017
The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes where the candidates will have to answer 90 questions. Each question will carry 1 mark each and every question is a MCQ.
Admit Card of AIIMS MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2017
The admit card will be made available online at www.aiimsexams.org few days prior to the commencement of exam. The candidates will find the link to download the admit card under the header ‘At a glance’.
Results of AIIMS MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2017
Once the written exam is over, the results will be announced for the selected candidates who will be called for the counseling process.
Important dates in AIIMS MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2017
The candidates need to remember the important dates of the AIIMS MSc Nursing 2017:
• The application form will be made available online from the month of April 2017
• The submission of the application form will continue till the end of April 2017
• Towards the end of June 2017 the entrance exam will be held
• By the first week of July 2017 the result will be announced
• In the middle of July 2017 the counseling will be conducted
All India Institute of Medical Sciences,
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110 0608.
Ph No: 91-11-26588500, 26588700, 26589900
Fax: 91-11-26588663, 26588641
AIIMS website: www.aiims.edu